$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Antenna Genius Failure 2 years 9 months ago #342

HI, I have a AG s/n AG821-0385 That I purchased thru Flex on 6-18-2021. While in operation with 1kW on 6m for approximately 30min I got a hard SWR fault from my PGXL and smoke from the AG. Contacted Flex for repair and they stated this was the first failure of an AG that they have seen and are trying to determine how the repair process works.

If you look at the attached picture you can see the damage.

I was working into an M2 5 element beam with an SWR of 1.2:1. First question is the unit rated for 1kW on 6m? (was on ant 1 port 8)
Can I just order a replacement relay board complete?
Can I order a new spare unit direct? (Was told by Flex on backorder with no date to get one)

Tom
KJ7TEA
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Antenna Genius Failure 2 years 9 months ago #343

Hi Tom,

sorry to hear that.

Flex is in charge of service. You should open a ticket, and send it back to them. Or if you can replace RF board yourself, we can send one spare.

Ranko

Antenna Genius Failure 2 years 9 months ago #344

Hi Ranko,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have submitted a ticket with Flex already and Katie Gartman from Flex is trying to find out how to proceed.
I really don't want to ship to Flex just to have them ship it to you for repair. I like my AG!
I would very much like to get a replacement board and replace it myself please let me know how to proceed. If there is a cost to me please e-mail me the invoice.
Just as a follow up is it OK to run 1kw 6m into the AG? Don't want to smoke it again.

Tom
KJ7TEA

Antenna Genius Failure 2 years 9 months ago #345

Yes, it is rated for mote than 1kW on all bands.
We are closed until Wednesday. Please send an email to , and we will take care of it.

Ranko

Antenna Genius Failure 2 years 9 months ago #346

Type
email is

73Ranko

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo