$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 3 months 3 weeks ago #589

After upgrading to version 4.1.7 I am seeing that after changing bands, the AG is not using the same antenna on the new band when multiple antennas are available. For example, on 6 meters I have 3 possible antennas available (1: EME Array, 2: single 5 element yagi and 3: dummy load). When I QSY from 80m to 6m the AG selects the antenna 1 for RX but for TX, antenna 2 is selected? If I click on antenna 2 button in AG GUI, and then back to antenna 1, now antenna 1 is used for both TX and RX. I can't see why this behavior would have a desirable function, for me it can have potentially massively negative side effects as in some cases one of the antennas might be an external antenna switch and even though one of those antennas might be for the band I on it may be switched to a different band and now the transmitting into high SWR! This behavior happens on every band, and I think I have the AG Config done correctly (see attached ScreenShot). Has anyone else seen this? .....Tim (N0TB)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 3 months 2 weeks ago #593

Hello Tim,

Can you please export your configuration and attach it to the reply?
We are not certain but it could be a bug, we wanna test and verify in house.

Kind regards,
Dragisa 4O9ITT
4O3A Signature Team

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 3 months 2 weeks ago #594

Hi Dragisa,

Thank you for your reply, I have uploaded/attached the json as requested...I have also taken a short video that shows this behavior. The video is here

Regards, Tim

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 3 months 2 weeks ago #595

I am seeing the same issues

My Configuration file is attached
I am using FW 4.1.7 for Antenna Genius

I have two antennas available on select bands
IOW On 40m I have a Log Periodic and also a 2 el beam on the same band

Occasionally, when moving to 40m from any other band
The antenna Genius selects the last antenna used on 40M when moving to 40m (40m Beam)

However, when I transmit it is transmitting the opposite antenna it selected (Log Periodic)
To remedy I have to manually tell it the 40m Beam.

Is this a Bug?

I am using 4.1.7 Firmware for my antenna Genius

And 1.2.11 on my Antenna Tuner Genius

Steve
KG5VK

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 3 months 1 week ago #596

Configuration is also here

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 3 months 1 week ago #597

Any updates on this?
Is this a Bug or do we have Configuration issues?

Two of us have attached our config files
But no follow up?

Steve KG5VK

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 3 months 2 days ago #598

Dragisa, I am not sure my configuration was uploaded or not...did you receive it ok? Given the apparent long delay in posting to this forum, please contact me via email for more timely exchanges at .

73s de Tim (N0TB)

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 2 months 4 weeks ago #599

Configuration received, apologies for the delay in communication but both me and Marko are in KH6 installing a station.
Marko is only back on the 12th of Feb to office and he'll resume the investigation then.

The ball is in his court, he's the main developer, there's nothing I can do at this point unfortunately.

Dragisa
4O3A Signature Team

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 1 month 2 weeks ago #623

I have the same problem with 4.1.7 ; My connector #1 is on a dummy load, so each band selected has a choice of the antenna or dummy load. Whenever I change bands, the antenna is highlighted and used for receive, but when I transmit, it selects the dummy load. I can tell when this will happen, because the red circles both are hollow in the middle, as if neither are selected. I have to select the dummy, then back to the antenna to get the solid red circle.

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 1 month 2 weeks ago #624

Hello any word on a fix for this ????

Silence since before 12 Feb and still no word ?

We users of 403a equipment would greatly appreciate a follow up

steve KG5VK

Antenna Genius selecting different antennas for TX and RX when multiple antennas 1 month 2 weeks ago #628

Mike, Steve,

I've had a meeting with the developer and this is a known bug that we're aware of and have already fixed.
It will be included in the next AG release that's scheduled in about two weeks so keep an eye out for the update.

We hope it doesn't cause too much trouble in the meantime.
We appreciate your patience...

Dragisa 4O9ITT
4O3A Signature Team

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo