$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Azimuth Reader Port Settings 2 years 8 months ago #398

I'm trying to use the Azimuth Reader standalone with the Windows Azimuth Reader software. I have the RS USB to RS485 properly wired and 12.5v power connected. Everything seems to work fine, but the Azimuth Reader screen is blank. Could this be a problem with parity and stop bits settings?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Azimuth Reader Port Settings 2 years 7 months ago #407

Hello N5CLS,

If you have the RS485 to USB converter that we are selling parity and stop bits are set.
If you are using a different one let me know and I will check the settings with the developers.

When you plug the converter into your machine you should see it in the device manager (see attached photo).
The next step is simply choosing the corresponding COM port on the Azimuth reader.

Good luck!
4O3A Signature Team
Attachments:

Azimuth Reader Port Settings 2 years 7 months ago #409

Hi Dragisa,
Yes, I am using your RS485 to USP converter. The attachment shows the device manager with "Intel Active Management Tech - SOL(Com 2) installed. Device Manager reports no conflicts. Also shown are the Port Settings. I've tried various combinations, including one Stop Bit and even and odd parity. When I open Azimuth Reader it shows Com 2 available. When I click on Connect, I get the blank screen. I don't have any instructions on the DIP switch, so I've left it at the factory settings.
Attachments:

Azimuth Reader Port Settings 2 years 7 months ago #415

Dear N5CLS,

I think I see it above the Intel AMT", it says "USB Serial and has a little yellow exclamation mark next to it.
This means Windows didn't recognize it out of the box, typically it does.

The chip on the converter is a CH340, installing a driver for it should fix the problem:
cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/learn_tutorials/8/4/4/CH341SER.EXE
4O3A Signature Team

Azimuth Reader Port Settings 2 years 7 months ago #416

Thanks Dragisa,
That worked. The latest Windows update may have broken things. It would not work on any of my four Windows computers, without installing the driver.

N5CLS

Azimuth Reader Port Settings 2 years 7 months ago #417

Ok, great!

Got to love them Windows 10 liberal updates... I miss Windows XP. :)
4O3A Signature Team

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo