$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sensor problem 2 years 6 months ago #408

Hi,
I just bought azimuth sensor and Rotator Genius . After installation on my beam I have problem with reading position beetwen 270deg and 90 deg . Reading is not accurate and it's jumping for random number ( 150, 200, 325 etc . ) . Anything between 90 and 270 deg is fine and reading is smooth , moving nicely with rotating the antenna. I tried to move the sensor few feet from the center of the tower but it's still the same issue .Same with calibration in the software , it's not helping . Any suggestion ? I don't want to do a hardware calibration if it's not neccessary . Maybe the sensor is maltifunction and need to be replaced ? It's a brand new sensor nad brand new rotator ( less than 2 week old ).

Thanks
Arek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sensor problem 2 years 6 months ago #414

Hello Arek,

Can you please remove the sensor from the beam so we can test it on the ground first?
Do you have another sensor or is it just one?

Sounds like an environmental problem, we can determine that on the ground.
A video of how it behaves on the ground without sensor compensation would be very helpful.

Please do that and we'll take it from there?
4O3A Signature Team

Sensor problem 1 day 11 hours ago #633

I am having this exact problem. What was the solution to this problem?
NJ0F

Sensor problem 18 hours 31 minutes ago #634

Hello NJ0F,

Either the environment - a ferromagnetic is very close, you can verify by moving the sensor down and testing on the ground or Z axis tilt (up/down, the sensor should not move up or down significantly) or the compensation algorithm - turning it off is easy to verify.

We calibrate all our sensors in the same environment and in the same way. Since there's no way to undo this process we don't recommend it and leave it as a last resort but it's also possible to recalibrate the sensor on your end if all other things don't seem to work.

Dragisa 4O9ITT
4O3A Signature Team

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo