$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Magnetic sensor - Inaccurate bearing display with Azimuth Reader 3 months 3 weeks ago #590

I have three identical tribanders on ring rotators on my steel tower. The magnetic sensors are mounted to the bottom of the boom using electrical tape. They are approximately 1m from the ring rotator, which is the farthest out on the aluminum boom that can be easily reached for attachment.

Using the AzimuthReader, the response is smooth as the ring turns, with a +/- 1 degree jitter when stationary. I presume this is due to the small movement from the wind even when stationary. However, the displayed reading on all three sensors is about 30 degrees off.

Is this error attributed to the 1m proximity to the ring rotator structure and the steel tower inside the ring?

I believe that the error is linear. Is there a way to insert a correction factor in the reader, in a way similar to correcting for magnetic declination?

73 - Dave N3RD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Magnetic sensor - Inaccurate bearing display with Azimuth Reader 3 months 2 weeks ago #591

Hello Dave,

Linear is good, it means it's something in the environment.
Just go to Configure on your sensor and use the Sensor Correction algorithm (see attachment).

The idea is, point to true North, see what the readout on the sensor is, type that number in.
Move to the next direction and repeat.

You have a choice of 4 and 8 points, try with 4 first, it should be sufficient.

Best of luck!
Dragisa 4O9ITT
4O3A Signature Team
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo