$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SO2R with triplexer, or...? 2 years 8 months ago #354

I'm trying to build a "poor mans SO2R" temporary station in a DX location, so looking for the least amount of gear to bring. The station has one set of antennas for 10-160, basically a tribander and wires. If I take 2 radios, what would be involved in using one of the triplexers (or maybe another product(s)?). The diagrams in the support section show "Interface Genius", IG-M, but it seems that's no longer made, so is there a specific SO2R controller to use with the triplexer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SO2R with triplexer, or...? 2 years 8 months ago #356

Dear Jeff,

As SO2R means two TRCVs and two PAs, antenna matrix, filters and SO2R controller, plus devices for remote control ( if possible ) then it can't be a "poor man" project..;)
My choice would be Flex radio and PGXL, with Antenna Genius and filters. For this you don't need a SO2R controller, as Flex already follows OTRSP protocol and has WinKey built in. PGXL is SO2R, fully supported and integrated in a SmartSDR.
I am sure I did not tell you anything you already did not know. I am not trying to bias you on "our" side, but it is a matter of fact that, for remote and SO2R, it is simple, clean, reliable and the best solution.
Anything you want to ask, I am at your disposal.

Ranko

SO2R with triplexer, or...? 2 years 8 months ago #358

Thanks Ranko, I should have mentioned this would be very "poor mans" SO2r as I won't be taking any amplifier, just the exciter power. That would take one level of complexity out, but I'm not sure if it takes the rest out.

I have one K3 now and could bring another, or simply use Flex and have 2 in 1, along with Antenna Genius, but still filters needed I think, yes?

So essentially simple station, 2xK3 or 1 Flex, no amps, and one antenna for each band (tribander + wires for each low band).

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo