$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tuner Genius Utility (Reinstall App Resulted In Shield Showing Up) Icon Issue? 2 years 9 months ago #325

ANY IDEA WHY TUNER GENIUS UTILITY APP ICON HAS SHIELD NOW?

Unlike Power Genius XL had trouble getting Tuner Genius Utility static TCP/IP Address to hold once assigned local area network static address. At first it would act like it was going to change similar to other 4O3a apps after the "save" button was selected, , then when restarting after the save would show DHCP address once again (one it had originally selected on first start-up). Finally Monday reinstalled the Power Genius XL Utility app and now its got the TCP/IP static address after install but before programing? I expected it to start with DHCP like it had on shutdown prior to uninstall? After installing the application again the ICON now has a Shield on it like shown in attachment?

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
Tried to update the Tuner Genius XL firmware at its request on first use, (before reinstalling the application, said it was successful showing v1.1.1 ever since). Finally uninstalled Tuner Genius Utility and reinstalled on completion the ICON now has an unexpected Shield (un-like the original install, almost like a defender or anti-virus type shield warning) over the top of Icon letter "TG" (see attachments)? Have tried to install as administrator (right click install as Admin.). But always get the same result since it showed up?

K5SRT @ K0LOT station
73, K5SRT-Ross
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by k5srt.

Tuner Genius Utility (Reinstall App Resulted In Shield Showing Up) Icon Issue? 2 years 9 months ago #326

Note: In Control Panel applications for most 4O3a software install shows Publisher of "Sky Sat Communications" while the latest install for Tuner Genius and Power Genius shows Publisher of "Sky Sat d.o.o"?

Searching for Blue and Gold shield on Windows 10 Icon got the following article (see link below) Initial steps didn't work but 2nd attempt worked. www.thewindowsclub.com/remove-blue-and-y...-shield-from-an-icon. NOT SURE WHAT TRIPPED IT BUT CHANGED THE DEFAULTS TO NOTIFY ME.
73, K5SRT-Ross
Attachments:

Last edit: by k5srt.

Tuner Genius Utility (Reinstall App Resulted In Shield Showing Up) Icon Issue? 2 years 9 months ago #327

Hi K5SRT,

In terms of publisher name, our company name is registered as "Sky Sat d.o.o" and we have lately obtained Code Signing Certificate in order to bypass the warning about "Unknown publisher" when you run the Utility installation downloaded from the internet. Antenna Genius and other 4O3A products will be updated soon so upon next release they will also be signed as "Sky Sat d.o.o".

Regarding the shield icon, there must be something specific about your PC configuration that causes this, as, by design, TG Utility does not request Administrative permission (which shield icon stands for). However, the setup itself does require Administrative permissions, but either way, that should not affect TG icon on your Desktop.

I will re-check this prior to our next release of TG Utility which is to be released by the end of the week, and if I find what could cause this, I will fix it for sure.

Thanks,
Marko Tomasevic
Software Developer @ 4O3A

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo