$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TGXL not following active TX slice 2 years 9 months ago #349

Hi guys,
I opened ticket with Flex 10 days ago but did not hear anything back yet.
In case you not monitoring Flex community forum, here the link with videos of issue
community.flexradio.com/discussion/comme...654#Comment_20587654

The video on that post outline the problem with "Low Power" and TGXL that need some trigger (send short TX) in order to switch the slices to be active
Sergey, KN7K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TGXL not following active TX slice 2 years 9 months ago #350

Hi Sergey,

We are aware of this issue but due to the complexity of the issue itself (considering that the user can use two different flex radios on A and B, could be a multiflex environment, etc.), we will need some time to test everything before we release a version that might fix this.

Thank you for reaching out to us, and feel free to do so in the future too, and we will do our best to respond ASAP and solve the problem.

Marko 4O9TTT
Software Developer

TGXL not following active TX slice 2 years 9 months ago #351

Hi Marko,
Thank for a quick reply.
I thought the FW update should be quite easy, TGXL should follow a "bit" of active TX slice, isn't ?
Anyway, hope you can figure it out soon at least for 1 Flex radio. Since TGL (my version) is SO2R it should at least follow active TX slide with one radio.
Sergey, KN7K

TGXL not following active TX slice 2 years 9 months ago #352

Sergey, you are partially correct, following TX slice does have sense but it would work correctly only when you have single Flex paired with TGXL and not using multiflex (multiple clients connected to Flex).
Until we figure out how many different situations are possible, and detect those situations correctly, we disabled TX follow completely and this bug is a product of that decision that we will try to fix soon.

Marko

TGXL not following active TX slice 2 years 3 months ago #546

Hi Marko

The whole point on the SO2R was to have a product that can switch between the active slice.
Can you give us an option in a future release to track active slice from the same Radio?

The integration on the Antenna Genius tracks the active Slice why not the Tuner Genius XL?

Ian
KM4CQG
Management is doing thing right Leadership is doing the right things.

TGXL not following active TX slice 2 years 3 months ago #551

Hi Ian,

Active slice is not a good reference to a transmit frequency therefore TGXL is following the TX slice and TX Ant.
If there is no slice with TX for the desired antenna, it would take first and/or active slice frequency while waiting for receiving TX from one of those slices.

What would be the use of following the active slice if TX is set on another slice that will transmit on some different frequency/band

Anyway, there will be some integration improvements in the latest firmware that will be released soon, but anyway, if you can, please describe your case so we can review the logic if it produces some unexpected behavior.

Thanks,
Marko

TGXL not following active TX slice 2 years 3 months ago #552

Hi Mario

I am saying the same as the others just used the wrong terminology. I would like to see the Tuner Genius follow the active Transmit Slice using either Antenna 1 or Antenna 2.

I realize MultiFlex adds complication to the integration of the Tuner Genius so is this problem actually with the SDR software ?

Ian
KM4CQG
Management is doing thing right Leadership is doing the right things.

TGXL not following active TX slice 2 years 3 months ago #553

Hi Ian,

We already fixed the issue when non-MultiFlex, the release will be as soon as we complete testing of a couple of other features we are introducing.
MultiFlex is a bit complicated so TGXL is designed to follow TX slices of the last transmitting user. We don't have too many users working with MultiFlex but there was no complaints so far.

Thanks,
Marko

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo