$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Introduce yourself! Where are you from, what brought you here, what's your favorite band? (either HAM or music ^^)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I need help about how connection my Rotor Genius with my Yaesu G-1000DXA wire 2 years 3 months ago #542

I am not an expert in connection, I need you to explain it to me as simply as possible, how or where exactly the cables go from my yaesu G-1000 DXA rotor to the genius rotor, what colors go to which screw, I do not want to make a mistake, I hope someone draws a picture of how These wires go to the back of the genius rotor...thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I need help about how connection my Rotor Genius with my Yaesu G-1000DXA wire 2 years 3 months ago #543

Hello WP3A,

I don't have a G-1000DXA in-house but I've looked at the manual and it looks like pins 4 and 5 of your rotor are controlling the motor.

So you need to connect those two pins to RG as shown on the image below:

The DIP switch configuration is assuming a 24V power supply, if it's different it needs to be adjusted accordingly.

p.s. It doesn't really matter which wire goes where - if your commands appear to be reversed just activate the Rev DIP switch (DIP2).

Hope it helps.
4O3A Signature Team
Attachments:

Last edit: by dragisa.

I need help about how connection my Rotor Genius with my Yaesu G-1000DXA wire 2 years 3 months ago #544

I try the connect both wire 4 and 5 both not working i think is other wire....

I need help about how connection my Rotor Genius with my Yaesu G-1000DXA wire 2 years 3 months ago #545

I need to know which wire or pins I have to connect in my Rotor genius using my Yaesu G-1000DXA rotor I tried to use 4 and 5 and it doesn't work any other idea or which one to use I think they are only 2 wire or am I missing some step?

I need help about how connection my Rotor Genius with my Yaesu G-1000DXA wire 2 years 3 months ago #547

Hello WP3A,

To verify:

RG needs to be powered by the 24V PSU, and the two wires should be connected as described above.
You should then use CW/CCW buttons on the unit to rotate.
DIP switches must be the same as shown above as well.

We looked at the schematics again and it does seem like the 4 and 5 pins are correct.
This can be verified by hand if you connect pins 4 and 5 to the power supply directly - if it turns the rotor in any direction that's it.

Dragisa
4O3A Signature Team

I need help about how connection my Rotor Genius with my Yaesu G-1000DXA wire 2 years 3 months ago #548

ok I'll try it again today I did exactly that yesterday and the rotor doesn't turn but I'll try again today and see if it works I'll let you know

I need help about how connection my Rotor Genius with my Yaesu G-1000DXA wire 2 years 3 months ago #549

I mean, I have to take 2 cables from the power supply and join them with cables 4 and 5 and connect them to the Low Range. I mean, you have to bring 24v to that connector directly from the power supply next to pins 4 and 5 and connect them together in the Low Range. plug i'm correct

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo