$ £
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

AG Version 4.1.8 PTT 4 weeks 1 day ago #636

I upgraded from version 3.1.5 to 4.1.8.

When I was running 4.1.8 I was not able to activate the PTT IN through the RCA connectors.

I tried this through the Icom 756 PRO radio as it was originally configured for 3.1.5 , the PTT IN A did not activate the light on the AG nor did the software change to a red indication. I was also able to change the antenna with PTT Asserted from the radio. (No RF of course)

I then connected a simple switch that shorted the center conductor of PTT IN A to the shield. The results were the same. I tried the switch on PTT IN A and PTT IN B with no reaction from the AG.

I then downgraded back to version 3.1.5, the original PTT cable was reconnected and working as expected.

Is the RCA PTT connector working in version 4.1.8?

Thank You.
N3FB - Frank Bobro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AG Version 4.1.8 PTT 3 weeks 6 days ago #637

Dear N3FB,

I've tested the PTT IN's in house now and everything works without any issues.
The main difference is that in v4, if you don't have band data the PTT will not respond.

If you have band data it will work as intended.

If you have no band data you should select "Manual" and set a band manually on the app.

Dragisa 4O9ITT
4O3A Signature Team

AG Version 4.1.8 PTT 3 weeks 4 days ago #638

Thanks for the reply.
I have reloaded 4.1.8 and found that the PTT works in Manual only sometimes. I will take some time this next weekend to determine what is happening and how to possibly duplicate.

The AG also seems to be loading down the PTT circuit when it is not working - what I mean by that is that the other devices connected in parallel are not seeing PTT when the AG is connected. If I unplug the AG all is well with the other devices.

I will analyze and report back when I understand this behavior better.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

4O3A Signature

SKY-SAT D.O.O.
Ratisevina bb
ME-85347 Igalo
Montenegro, Europe
P: +382 68 380 000
sales:
support:

World Wide Delivery

ups logo